Username won't update

Hi there, I was trying to update my username on the Lighthouse Labs - 21-Day Coding Challenge - Sign In page because for some reason it’s my email address and not an actual username, not a huge deal but I’d prefer it to be a username for privacy reasons. The update button doesn’t seem to do anything once I change the username. I’ve tried it a few times, cleared my cache, nothing happens. Is there someone who can help?

Hi Ellstar, please check your private messages, I sent you instructions there!

Hello, I am having the same issue. Could the instructions be publicly available for everyone else to see?

Sadly no, it’s a case by case basis at this point sadly, please check your private messages

Hello, I have the same issue. Please send me the instructions as well.

I am having the same issue. Can I also have the instructions?

Hi! I have the same problem. I can’t update my name or change my email address.

Hello, I have the same issue. Please send me the instructions as well.

Hi you two, the edit form should be fixed by end of day!

Hi there @LHL-Team, It still seems that we are unable to update our usernames. Do you have an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Hello! Username changes that were requested by email were processed, so technically it should be fine. The form itself should be fixed by the end of the week sorry for the delay.

If you need to change your username from email to username, please contact us at code-challenge@lighthouselabs.com until then!

Thanks for your response. I see that my own u/n has been updated via the email i sent however there are others on my team whose addresses have not been updated (and possibly others who have not noticed this yet). It’s a pretty significant privacy concern. I understand you are currently working on resolving the form but this might warrant at least an email to existing users requesting that if they want to update their usernames to contact you as an interim solution as not everyone will think to check this forum (I didn’t until prompted by a team mate).

Good evening everyone!

The update profile form is now working as expected.

1 Like

I see the username has not been updated in the discussion forum. How can we update that as well?