For anyone looking for something to do afterwards

Hey folks,

I won’t lie. After this last challenge, I am feeling a little empty inside. Like when someone finishes watching the last movie in an epic saga or when I finished reading The Deathly Hallows, I find myself asking, “what do I do now?”

Going over what I just wrote, I feel like I am making it sound way cooler than it is, but I stumbled across this site years ago.

https://projecteuler.net/

It is a series of challenges that require a bit of coding to solve. The challenges range from easy to life-altering. The thing that got me interested in this site was that you can use whatever programming language you want. You don’t actually solve the challenges on the website as you did here, but after you register, it will keep track of your progress and you will be able to submit your answer. You use whatever development environment you’re comfortable with to come up with the answer. I am sure some of the challenges could be solved with paper and pen and a lot of spare time. But it would be quicker and more fun to code something that would do all that for you.

An example of the kind of challenges there.
PROBLEM #1

If we list all the natural numbers below 10 that are multiples of 3 or 5,
we get 3, 5, 6 and 9. The sum of these multiples is 23.

Find the sum of all the multiples of 3 or 5 below 1000.

See? Not that difficult. They do get harder. You could even use the coding environment from the 21DCC to solve some of the challenges. Check it out if you a looking for something to do afterwards.

8 Likes

On a similar trajectory.

Games I have played in the past include:

Elevatorsaga.com

And of course Second Life, which had changed a lot. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

To add to these game related ones, here’s a couple more.

Bitburner (Original web version)
Additional Steam link for my fellow gamers.

4 Likes

Until December 25th, there’s Advent of Code 2021. It’s a lot of fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I saved this to the pocket app on my phone a long time ago and completely forgot about it!

this is like twilio quest!

I signed up for it, but haven’t opened the first challenge yet.
Now that this is over I’ll have to start doing the challenges there. :wink:
You on the Discord?