Challenge 3 Megathread

Welcome to challenge #3!

Use this thread for any and all questions relating to challenge 3.

For the challenge is it inclusive or exclusive of the min/max?

1 Like

It said to return true “if the current value is between the minimum and maximum”. So I assumed it’s not inclusive!

1 Like

It also says “return false if the value is outside those.” :smile: I don’t think any of the test cases straddle the line, so it doesn’t matter.

5 Likes

Yeah, so far it seems they only use 1 test case to check if your answer is right

2 Likes

Good morning!

The min/max are inclusive, however the tests do not check for that, so use whichever you feel like :wink:

4 Likes

@LHL-Team Hello, I asked about this in the other thread but I’ve done challenge 2 and I see the discuss tab but I’m locked out of doing challenge 3.

This is what I see in challenge 2.

But then I got this email this morning:

I have the exact same problem as you

I also have the same problem.

I have the same problem

Good morning! Challenge 3 should now be accessible for those who weren’t able to access it previously.

2 Likes

I have same problem here

Thanks for the crazy quick response. It works well now.

A simple boolean condition. It’s not too hard so far !

Hello, is there points given for completing challenges? Only indication of completing challenge is, it shows discuss button right?

Can I submit new code? I assumed it was best to consider a measure of exactly max or min to be a problem that should be treated as a failure, but if you say it’s inclusive I’d change my code…

Here are the two additions to my submitted code. “=” and “=”. Just put them in where they’re needed for me please. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Megan,

If you post a snippet of the code you are talking about it will be easier to see what the problem might be.

1 Like

Very new to coding - so not sure what is missing - maybe bracket? obviously not working:
const checkGaugeStatus = (gauge) => {
if ( [current.gauge] < [min.gauge] ) or (current.gauge > max.gauge);
let answer = “false”;
else;
answer = “true”;
return (answer);

};

I think you need an else statement

1 Like