Answers to Old challenges

Hello LHL!
It will be great if you could post the answers to the previous challenges; the intention is to learn & not to copy & paste the answers to catch up to win prizes. I want to see how the answers came a bout. Very appreciative of your help.

1 Like

Hello!

There is something interesting that could be done about that! I’ll talk with the rest of the team and see what we can do.

3 Likes

It could be interesting to see all the solutions at the end of the challenge - or at least the efficient or expected solutions.

Our team chats about our different solutions - some of us have very different solutions but they both solve the challenge - Oh coding!! Multiple ways to solve the same challenge!!

Happy Coding!!

2 Likes

I agree! Could be something like CodeWars where after you finish a challenge you can see what others came up with! Great way to learn and see how others solve problems

2 Likes

Hmmm, would it be alright if I started a thread and posted my solutions for each day after the challenge date? Assuming I can continue to solve these challenges of course.

Hello!

Yeah not really, since it’s too easy to just copy and paste…!

We’re working on something that we’ll mention soon so stay tuned!

Or alternatively, share some of the unique answers by participants. Or both.

Speaking of sharing code, is there some way to censor or blue code as a spoiler when posting? I’m thinking of when people ask for help in the relevant challenge megathread, others might want to read the discussion without their ideas being “contaminated” by seeing someone else’s code?

1 Like
SPOILER CODE: You can use a markup language of choice; HTML or BBCode (Don't think Markdown supports it here.)

let test = () => {
  alert.("test Function")
}
console.log(This is some sample code.)

Code for above sample:

<details>
  <summary>SPOILER CODE:</summary>
You can use a markup language of choice; HTML or BBCode (Don't think Markdown supports it here.)
  <pre>
     <code>
        let test = () => alert.("test Function")
        console.log(This is some sample code.)
     <code>
  </pre>
</details>
2 Likes

I was thinking the exact thing!
If @LHL-Team could create a locked thread (one megathread per challenge) that only people who have submitted their challenge can access, it would be lovely to share our code and discuss.
I’m envisioning something like: after you click submit code, a new button appears that links you to the secret thread.

@Coder_code I made a thread on twitter with all my collected solutions for the 21days and commented the best I could in each set of code if that is what you’re looking for. I tried to make the solutions are short and concise as possible.

https://twitter.com/RichNolet/status/1470083983908098050

click the gear above the text box then ‘hide details’